- Gain of 7.29 seconds after 10 laps (2)
- Designed for high performance and sports vehicles
- 41 sizes available for more than 180 vehicle models
- Connectable with MICHELIN Track Connect in all dimensions
- World premiere : the BMW M2 CS will be the first car fitted with MICHELIN Pilot Sport CUP2 Connect tyres as original equipment
New architecture for more stability and more security
To combine both excellent feeling and high efficiency, the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport CUP2 CONNECT tyre combines in its construction two polyester plies, two steel plies and a polyamide ply. It also benefits from several advanced technologies :
- Wavy Summit Architecture: waving of the summit plies by addition of rubber under the structural steel cable of the tyre, giving the advantage of reducing response time and increasing the feeling of sportiness behind the wheel.
- Dynamic Response Technology: high density aramid and nylon hybrid belt which promotes driving precision and tyre behavior under load. This belt, which is located just below the tread, is both very resistant and light. Thus, at equivalent weight, the associated nylon and aramid are five times more resistant than steel.
These technical improvements allow higher cornering speeds and excellent stability at high speeds. On the track, this also results into better lap times (2) and more safety on the circuit and on the road.