sander-vermeulen_1600
Using Enviro’s innovative technology, Michelin will be able to offer an eco-friendly solution that contributes to the development of a circular economy.
Sander Vermeulen, Director of Marketing & Business Development, Hi-Tech Materials

The Michelin Group is investing in the construction of a tire recycling plant. Why?

Given that around 1 billion tires reach end-of-life each year, recycling these tires is clearly an important issue. This investment is also completely in line with the Group’s “All-Sustainable” vision, which guides and inspires all our strategic choices, particularly our commitment to using more and more sustainable materials in our products. Building this first tire recycling plant is a great example of Michelin’s concrete action in support of this vision. Using Enviro’s innovative technology, Michelin will be able to offer an eco-friendly solution that contributes to the development of a circular economy.

What are the plant’s objectives?

Our goal is to recover the entire end-of-life tire of all our on site earthmoving customers by reusing 90% of the regenerated or recycled materials in new production chains (rubber products, lubricants, etc.) and using the remaining 10% as a source of energy for the plant. By pooling our expertise with Enviro, we are ensuring we have everything we need to succeed. Michelin is contributing our industrial expertise to build the plant, as well as our R&D and production expertise. As for Enviro, its patented pyrolysis technology will allow us to make high-quality products. The plant will recycle no less than 30,000 tons of end-of-life earthmover tires each year.

How will your partnership with Enviro also help the Group develop new business opportunities?

Over the decades, Michelin has acquired exceptional expertise in materials and their industrialization. We now want to capitalize on this expertise in other sectors beyond tires. Our partnership with Enviro for this recycling plant will allow us to provide customers with a new offer: complete recycling, from the collection of end-of-life tires to the regeneration of new raw materials that will be reused in the manufacture of the Group's products.

Learn more

Recevez nos informations par email