Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 10/10/2018 MICHELIN and MotoGP™ – An ongoing challenge
- 03/10/2018 The Radial tire is 70 years old
- 03/10/2018 MICHELIN at the Paris Motor Show: 120 years of innovation at the service of sustainable mobility
- 27/09/2018 Grip on wet surfaces or the eternal struggle between tire and water
- 19/09/2018 Michelin: supporting road safety all over the world
- 12/09/2018 Michelin: voted the best by its own employees
- 04/09/2018 Values that bring us together
- 29/08/2018 MICHELIN Road 5 Motorbike Tires: lasting performance thanks to 3D metal printing
- 27/07/2018 MICHELIN at the service of truck drivers
- 26/07/2018 Ambition 2048: tires will be made using 80 percent sustainable materials and 100 percent of tires will be recycled
- 25/07/2018 Communication, how the MICHELIN Guide recruits and trains its inspectors
- 17/07/2018 Michelin celebrates 25 years of the "Goodwood Festival of Speed"
Our latest press releases
- 2018/10/18 Financial information for the three months ended september 30, 2018
- 2018/10/15 WEC 2018/2019 - 6 Hours of Fuji - Toyota Gazoo Racing enjoys one-two glory on home soil
- 2018/10/08 MotoGP™ 2018 - Thaïlande - Marc Márquez triumphs
- 2018/10/08 WRC 2018 - Pays de Galles - Successful debut for the MICHELIN LTX Force M6 and MICHELIN LTX Force S6 tires
- 2018/10/02 BIBENDUM AWARD
- 2018/10/02 MICHELIN at Paris Motorshow 2018