Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 13/06/2018 MICHELIN wins the european inventor award
- 04/06/2018 MICHELIN Track Connect: connect your tires to improve your track performance
- 24/05/2018 MOVIN’ON 2018 : Acting together for the future mobility
- 24/05/2018 MOVIN'ON 2018: Michelin at the global sustainable mobility summit
- 17/05/2018 MotoGP™: 400 victories with innovation and technology
- 15/05/2018 Michelin: stakeholder and partner in digital transformation
- 04/05/2018 All you need to know about MICHELIN’S Bib Gourmand guide
- 03/05/2018 The circular economy is built into the Michelin Group’s DNA
- 25/04/2018 How Michelin is reducing and repurposing its factory waste
- 24/04/2018 Low tire pressure - a major concern
- 17/04/2018 Michelin's purpose at MOVIN’ON
- 04/04/2018 Michelin Corporate Foundation: for “People on the Move”
Our latest press releases
- 2018/06/18 MICHELIN and Maxion Wheels Receive 2018 CLEPA Innovation Award for Cooperation
- 2018/06/18 MICHELIN Track Connect receives Creative Award 2018
- 2018/06/18 WEC 2018/2019 - Le Mans 24 Hours - MICHELIN tires play key winning roles
- 2018/06/18 Michael Ellis, International Director of the MICHELIN Guides, Leaves Office
- 2018/06/12 MICHELIN at Eurosatory, Providing worldwide mobility for all your vehicles
- 2018/06/11 WRC 2018 - Italia - MICHELIN LTX Force S5 plays cornerstone role at the 2018 Rally Sardegn