Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 18/01/2018 Michelin: over a century of racing
- 17/01/2018 MICHELIN and Harley Davidson: already a ten-year partnership!
- 09/01/2018 Cars, utility vehicles, motorbikes... How Michelin takes care of your winter tires
- 05/01/2018 How Acorus MICHELIN technology is set to contribute to better movement of electric shuttle buses in cities and to the (future) driverless taxi
- 18/12/2017 Youth for Road Safety: a new generation of road safety ambassadors
- 08/12/2017 E-commerce: Michelin expands its digital business
- 06/12/2017 Metro trains on tires: solutions for now, and for the future
- 27/11/2017 Michelin: a celebration of transmission
- 15/11/2017 Hello Tomorrow: a breath of fresh innovation
- 09/11/2017 Bibendum: a new style to better communicate
- 07/11/2017 Hydrogen, a key technology for carbon-free transport
- 21/10/2017 Michelin named official MotoGP tire supplier until 2023
Our latest press releases
- 2018/01/16 Guide MICHELIN - Bib Gourmand France 2018 - Michelin unveils the list of its favourite restaurants
- 2018/01/15 Formula-E 2017/2018 - The versatility of the MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV2 ensures entertaining action in Marrakesh
- 2018/01/19 Non-dilutive convertible bonds 2023 – Determination of the initial conversion price
- 2018/01/05 New MICHELIN WILD ENDURO bike tire
- 2018/01/05 Successfull non-dilutive convertible 2023 bonds issue of Michelin
- 2018/01/05 Non-dilutive convertible 2023 bonds issue of Michelin