Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 28/11/2018 MICHELIN Agilis CrossClimate tire: all-year-round mobility for commercial vehicles and small trucks
- 14/11/2018 Renewable natural rubber’s essential role in our sustainable mobility
- 08/11/2018 Michelin: a responsible global employer in every way
- 07/11/2018 The new MICHELIN Alpin 6 tire: the winter tire with long-lasting performance
- 31/10/2018 Gazelles And Men Rally: Michelin embraces equality
- 25/10/2018 “Computer simulation gives us a competitive edge”
- 19/10/2018 VISION concept voted “Best of the Best”
- 10/10/2018 MICHELIN and MotoGP™ – An ongoing challenge
- 03/10/2018 The X (Radial) tire is 70 years old
- 03/10/2018 MICHELIN at the Paris Motor Show: 120 years of innovation at the service of sustainable mobility
- 27/09/2018 Grip on wet surfaces or the eternal struggle between tire and water
- 19/09/2018 Michelin: supporting road safety all over the world
Our latest press releases
- 2018/12/18 Michelin Completes the Acquisition of Camso, Thereby Strengthening its Global Leadership Position in the Specialty Businesses
- 2018/12/17 MICHELIN guide 2019 - Netherlands - 2 new two star restaurants
- 2018/12/17 Formula-E 2018/2019 - Saudia Ad Diriyah - Versatility in Saudi Arabia
- 2018/12/13 MICHELIN in FIA - Formula-E 2018-2019
- 2018/12/11 Guide MICHELIN 2019 - Hong Kong Macau - 12 new starred restaurants, including two new three stars
- 2018/12/03 Michelin acquires Tablet