Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 17/04/2018 Michelin's purpose at MOVIN’ON
- 04/04/2018 Michelin Corporate Foundation: for “People on the Move”
- 27/03/2018 Motorsport at the forefront of sustainable mobility
- 22/03/2018 Water, the other major challenge of sustainable development
- 20/03/2018 The Springtime of French gastronomy
- 14/03/2018 High-performance tires up to the legal wear level
- 07/03/2018 Motorsport and supercars: Michelin’s winning pair at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show
- 02/03/2018 15th anniversary of our green gold Bahia program!
- 21/02/2018 Decarbonizing transport: Michelin gets on board!
- 14/02/2018 Michelin partners Renault’s Symbioz concept car
- 09/02/2018 Michelin Classic: Modern tires with a vintage look
- 31/01/2018 MICHELIN partners the future Jaguar I-Pace eTROPHY
Our latest press releases
- 2018/04/11 MICHELIN Motorsport Connect: Tires that communicate with rally crews!
- 2018/04/10 MICHELIN X Multi Energy tire fuel saving for regional transport
- 2018/04/10 Movin’On 2018 Unveils its Preliminary Programming and a New Round of Speakers
- 2018/04/09 MotoGP™ 2018 - Argentina - Crutchlow wins
- 2018/04/09 WRC 2018 - Tour de Corse - Ogier triumphs in Corsica
- 2018/04/09 Publication of the preparatory documentation for the Annual shareholders Meeting of may 18, 2018