Michelin has 112,300 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 07/05/2015 Agricultural Product Line: A Customer-Focused Digital Strategy
- 07/05/2015 Michelin commits to save children lives
- 05/05/2015 Understanding MICHELIN EverGrip™ technology
- 29/04/2015 Passing of Mr. François Michelin
- 22/04/2015 Michelin celebrates Earth Day’s 45th anniversary
- 10/04/2015 30 Years of Innovation for Michelin at the Shell Eco-marathon
- 10/04/2015 Michelin Challenge Design 2016: at the heart of future car trends
- 10/04/2015 Michelin is partnering with Livelihoods, a "voluntary carbon offset" fund for private companies
- 10/04/2015 MICHELIN Motorsport's return to MotoGP: one year to get ready
- 10/04/2015 MICHELIN CrossClimate: an innovative digital experience
- 20/03/2015 Michelin advocates responsible management of all resources
- 19/03/2015 The MICHELIN CrossClimate tire: what better illustration of MICHELIN Total Performance?
Our latest press releases
- 2015/05/28 2015 WRC - The MICHELIN LTX Force S4 tire triumphs, even used beyond its recommended limits
- 2015/05/28 Formula E 2014/2015 - The MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV outsmarts the Berlin concrete!
- 2015/05/28 Michelin and Renault Sport look to the future of single-seater racing
- 2015/05/26 Michelin Luxembourg SCS: Michelin Group launches a bond issue
- 2015/05/26 Michelin Luxembourg SCS - Choice of Home State
- 2015/05/26 Sébastien MAHAUT (France) was awarded the title of Best European Tractor Driver of the Year 2015 by John Deere and Michelin