Michelin has 111,306 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 10/04/2015 30 Years of Innovation for Michelin at the Shell Eco-marathon
- 10/04/2015 Michelin Challenge Design 2016: at the heart of future car trends
- 10/04/2015 Michelin is partnering with Livelihoods, a "voluntary carbon offset" fund for private companies
- 10/04/2015 MICHELIN Motorsport's return to MotoGP: one year to get ready
- 10/04/2015 MICHELIN CrossClimate: an innovative digital experience
- 20/03/2015 Michelin advocates responsible management of all resources
- 19/03/2015 The MICHELIN CrossClimate tire: what better illustration of MICHELIN Total Performance?
- 19/03/2015 MICHELIN premium tires on show at Geneva International Motor Show
- 19/03/2015 Drive connected thanks to MICHELIN technology and Ford
- 02/03/2015 The new MICHELIN CrossClimate tire - a turning point in history
- 27/02/2015 Formula E – looking back from the halfway mark
- 26/02/2015 Michelin at the SIMA, innovations to meet all challenges
Our latest press releases
- 2015/04/17 MICHELIN® solutions unveils ‘EFFITIRESTM with fuel commitment’, a new value-creation solution for hauliers.
- 2015/04/17 MICHELIN EARNS ‘SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR’ RECOGNITION FROM BOEING
- 2015/04/15 MICHELIN PUBLISHES A NEW Guide COLLECTION - 7 cities in your pocket
- 2015/04/14 Michelin: a key performer at the 6 Hours of Silverstone
- 2015/04/14 Michelin acquires 40% stake in Allopneus SAS for an outlay of €60 million.
- 2015/04/08 Formula E 2014/2015: Thirty-five years after his father, Nelson Piquet Jr electrifies Long Beach!