Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 20/06/2017 World endurance championship: resistance through tires
- 12/06/2017 MICHELIN Visionary Concept
- 12/06/2017 Let's get Movin’On!
- 07/06/2017 Michelin and its suppliers: a lasting, performing and responsible relationship
- 31/05/2017 Managing blue gold
- 24/05/2017 The Corporate Foundation: always moving forward
- 18/05/2017 Performance up to the legal wear limit of 1.6mm
- 12/05/2017 NanoCar Race: A race for innovation
- 10/05/2017 Road safety: a global priority
- 04/05/2017 Retreading: When Round Tires Become Circular
- 28/04/2017 Movin’On: a new movement for sustainable mobility
- 19/04/2017 Metal 3D printing: revolutionizing industrial processes
Our latest press releases
- 2017/06/12 MotoGP™ 2017 - MICHELIN and Dovizioso master Montmelo
- 2017/06/05 MotoGP™ 2017 - MICHELIN sees dominant Dovizioso produce a Mugello masterpiece
- 2017/05/22 MotoGP™ 2017 - MICHELIN’S home race serves up a Le Mans classic
- 2017/06/22 The Michelin Group presents its global reorganization project to better serve its customers
- 2017/06/21 A few inches² – helping the world to fly
- 2017/05/08 MotoGP™ 2017 - MICHELIN powers Pedrosa to an emphatic victory