Michelin has 112,300 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 07/08/2015 Spotlights on the MICHELIN CrossClimate Experience
- 05/08/2015 Pebble Beach 2015 - Michelin at the Californian vintage car event!
- 05/08/2015 The best of Michelin Pilot Sport Experience sensations
- 29/07/2015 The Michelin Brand in Competitive Sport: Visibility and Legibility
- 08/07/2015 Expo Milano 2015: Protecting soils to feed the planet
- 03/07/2015 The Michelin Employer Brand: Our employees are our best spokespeople
- 30/06/2015 Shareholder Consultative Committee - Call for candidatures
- 26/06/2015 June 25-28 : An unmissable weekend in England for every motorsports fan
- 26/06/2015 Michelin and Dassault Aviation: performance and trust
- 26/06/2015 MICHELIN XDR250 50/80 R57: the tire with an even-greater load capacity
- 22/06/2015 We help the world to fly
- 10/06/2015 New Hypersport and Track ranges - Michelin confirms its passion for motorsport and gives bikers the very best of its sports experience
Our latest press releases
- 2015/08/28 Michelin and Harley-Davidson strengthen alliance
- 2015/08/25 Michelin annouces its investment in Luli Information Technology, a ride-sharing start-up in China
- 2015/08/03 The MICHELIN LTX Force S4 tire establishes new WRC records, plus the MICHELIN LATITUDE Cross S80’s first one-two-three tire finish in WRC2
- 2015/07/30 Michelin has acquired Meyer Lissendorf, a car tire wholesale specialist in Germany
- 2015/07/29 A transatlantic crossing for the Éclair: A symbol of Michelin’s 120 years’ active involvement in motorsport!
- 2015/07/29 Michelin receives the “best supplier” award from CNH industrial