Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 21/01/2015 Mobile apps to make your life easier
- 14/01/2015 MICHELIN Motorsport: an outstanding line-up in 2014
- 22/12/2014 MICHELIN NZG Technology for the New Airbus A350
- 19/12/2014 MICHELIN Guides 2015
- 19/12/2014 michelin.com, a story that continues to be written
- 18/12/2014 Sébastien Loeb Returns to the Monte-Carlo Rally
- 18/12/2014 A mobile-friendly version of michelin.com
- 04/12/2014 Get set to discover L'Aventure Michelin!
- 02/12/2014 Michelin has chosen to manufacture its revolutionary airless tire - the MICHELIN X TWEEL - in the US
- 25/11/2014 Michelin signs a new partnership agreement for technical soles
- 25/11/2014 MICHELIN Earthmover at BAUMA 2014
- 24/11/2014 Michelin innovation puts safety first
Our latest press releases
- 2015/01/27 Michelin invest in Ecomobility Ventures
- 2015/01/26 Tire combinations covering the full spectrum of conditions contribute to an all-Volkswagen/Michelin podium in Monte Carlo
- 2015/01/21 Michelin and the 2015 Rallye Monte-Carlo
- 2015/01/21 MICHELIN Total Performance on the 2015 Dakar
- 2015/01/13 Argentina extends a warm welcome to Formula E …and the MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV tires lap it up
- 2015/01/09 Implementation of a partial share buyback management agreement