Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 20/10/2014 Tires, Innovation and the Paris Motor Show
- 16/10/2014 Michelin breaks new ground with Formula E
- 16/10/2014 Innovation creates value
- 16/10/2014 "The tire is the only point of contact between the car and the road"
- 14/10/2014 Learn all about Michelin at the Paris Motor Show
- 14/10/2014 Backstage at the Paris Motor Show - built of the booth
- 14/10/2014 Paris Motor Show 2014: Michelin booth tour with Claire Dorland-Clauzel
- 13/10/2014 First race, first win for the MICHELIN Pilot Sport H4/S4 tire
- 01/10/2014 Performance – key point of the Paris Motor Show
- 25/09/2014 Michelin expertise fuels passion
- 24/09/2014 A sneak preview of the international sustainable mobility summit
- 24/09/2014 Michelin and the Yellowstone National Park renew their partnership
Our latest press releases
- 2014/10/22 Financial information AT SEPTEMBER 30, 2014
- 2014/10/21 The 2015 MICHELIN guide Kansai features 3 new two-star restaurants and 16 new one-star restaurants
- 2014/10/15 MICHELIN Pilot Sport S9L tires for the new Renault Sport R.S. 01
- 2014/10/15 2014 WEC - 6 Hours of Fuji - One-two finishes for Michelin at Fuji
- 2014/10/15 The MICHELIN PB 20, the first ‘full wet’ competition tire for historic cars, available for the Tour de Corse Historique
- 2014/10/15 2014 WEC - 6 Hours of Fuji - Michelin tires to cover all weather scenarios