Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2016
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 02/08/2017 AutoPhoto: self-portrait of mobility since 1900
- 27/07/2017 The Michelin brand: trust and progress
- 25/07/2017 Promoting retreading
- 19/07/2017 Michelin: 90 years of progressive ideas
- 13/07/2017 Lasting performance: What worn tire tests tell us
- 10/07/2017 Movin’On will be back in 2018
- 26/06/2017 The best tractor driver in Europe: a road and field challenge!
- 20/06/2017 World endurance championship: resistance through tires
- 12/06/2017 MICHELIN Visionary Concept
- 12/06/2017 Let's get Movin’On!
- 07/06/2017 Michelin and its suppliers: a lasting, performing and responsible relationship
- 31/05/2017 Managing blue gold
Our latest press releases
- 2017/08/07 2017 - MotoGP - Michelin sees quick-change Marquez take Brno glory
- 2017/07/31 2016/2017 FAE - Montréal - The MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV2 tire concludes the 2016/2017 FIA Formula E Championship in style in Montreal
- 2017/07/31 2017 WRC - Finland - High-flying success for the MICHELIN LTX Force and MICHELIN Latitude Cross tires at Rally Finland
- 2017/07/03 2017 WRC - Poland - The MICHELIN LTX Force S5 tire in control on Poland’s dirt tracks
- 2017/07/28 The MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV2 ready for Formula E’s grand finale in Montreal
- 2017/07/26 Availability of the half-year financial report as of 30 june 2017