Michelin has 112,300 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 06/10/2015 Play with Michelin during expo Milano 2015 and learn how to better feed the planet
- 02/10/2015 MICHELIN LTX FORCE, the best on - and off – road solution
- 16/09/2015 Digiparade: an innovative digital campaign illustrating “MICHELIN Total Performance”
- 16/09/2015 Growth fuelled by innovation
- 16/09/2015 An exceptional training to support the sales force
- 16/09/2015 Michelin’s ten year involvement in the ecological transition
- 07/08/2015 2015 IAA - Spotlights on the MICHELIN CrossClimate Experience
- 05/08/2015 Pebble Beach 2015 - Michelin at the Californian vintage car event!
- 05/08/2015 The best of Michelin Pilot Sport Experience sensations
- 29/07/2015 The Michelin Brand in Competitive Sport: Visibility and Legibility
- 08/07/2015 Expo Milano 2015: Protecting soils to feed the planet
- 03/07/2015 The Michelin Employer Brand: Our employees are our best spokespeople
Our latest press releases
- 2015/10/07 Basel’s Le Cheval Blanc gets three stars in the 2016 MICHELIN Guide to Switzerland
- 2015/10/06 Supervisory Board
- 2015/10/06 MICHELIN TIRE CARE, the power of digital technology for the haulage industry
- 2015/10/05 New MICHELIN Wild Race’R Enduro Rear mountain bike tire: even more grip!
- 2015/10/05 2015 WRC - The new MICHELIN Pilot Sport H5 and S5 tires: efficiency and versatility in Corsica’s extremely demanding conditions
- 2015/10/01 Michelin today announced its restaurant selections in the 2016 edition of the MICHELIN Guide New York City