Michelin produces over 184 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2015.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 19/04/2017 Metal 3D printing: revolutionizing industrial processes
- 13/04/2017 Michelin's commitment to the circular economy
- 11/04/2017 Motor sports: a large family united by a shared passion
- 05/04/2017 MICHELIN Pilot Sport4 S: behind the tire
- 28/03/2017 Southeast Asia: off to school safe and sound!
- 22/03/2017 Design for tires
- 13/03/2017 No sustainable development without a sustainable purchasing policy
- 15/02/2017 Not just a journey, an experience
- 09/02/2017 Michelin in the digital age
- 02/02/2017 Behind the scenes of the MICHELIN guide
- 25/01/2017 Roborace: a race for intelligence
- 19/01/2017 Michelin Challenge Design: a question of allure
Our latest press releases
- 2017/04/25 Successfull tap issue of non-dilutive convertible bonds - Michelin
- 2017/04/15 Michelin solutions secures De Rijke Northern Europe renewal
- 2017/04/25 Michelin - tap issue of non-dilutive convertible bonds
- 2017/04/21 Michelin Extends Public Invitation to MOVIN’ON, the Global Meeting Place for Action in Sustainable Mobility
- 2017/04/18 WEC - A flying start to the 2017 FIA WEC for MICHELIN’s endurance racing tyres at Silverstone
- 2017/04/20 Financial information for the three months ended march 31, 2017