Michelin produces over 184 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2015.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 13/03/2017 No sustainable development without a sustainable purchasing policy
- 15/02/2017 Not just a journey, an experience
- 09/02/2017 Michelin in the digital age
- 02/02/2017 Behind the scenes of the MICHELIN guide
- 25/01/2017 Roborace: a race for intelligence
- 19/01/2017 Michelin Challenge Design: a question of allure
- 12/01/2017 Diversity at Michelin: a competitive advantage
- 11/01/2017 Road safety: helmets for Thailand!
- 04/01/2017 Winning record : 2016 champions
- 21/12/2016 MICHELIN X® GUARD™ : innovation meeting the Asian challenge
- 13/12/2016 MOVIN'ON - The Michelin Challenge Bibendum 2017 edition
- 12/12/2016 Michelin wishes you a Happy New Year 2017
Our latest press releases
- 2017/03/08 Michelin participates in the 10th International Design Biennial of Saint Etienne
- 2017/03/16 The new MICHELIN LTX Force S5 acclaimed in Mexico
- 2017/03/13 MICHELIN is launching four new all mountain and cross country mountain bike tyre ranges
- 2017/03/08 MICHELIN guide - Amador (Vienna) obtains two stars in the MICHELIN guide Main Cities of Europe 2017
- 2017/03/08 Publication of the 2016 Registration Document
- 2017/02/28 Le partenariat agricole Michelin, Massey Ferguson et Grégoire Besson continue