Michelin has 112,300 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 03/07/2015 The Michelin Employer Brand: Our employees are our best spokespeople
- 30/06/2015 Shareholder Consultative Committee - Call for candidatures
- 26/06/2015 June 25-28 : An unmissable weekend in England for every motorsports fan
- 26/06/2015 Michelin and Dassault Aviation: performance and trust
- 26/06/2015 MICHELIN XDR250 50/80 R57: the tire with an even-greater load capacity
- 22/06/2015 We help the world to fly
- 10/06/2015 New Hypersport and Track ranges - Michelin confirms its passion for motorsport and gives bikers the very best of its sports experience
- 10/06/2015 FIA WEC: Discover the legendary championship with Michelin
- 10/06/2015 World Endurance Championships Michelin innovation serving great performance
- 05/06/2015 The story behind the legendary Gordon Bennett Cup
- 04/06/2015 The Citroën DS turns sixty
- 04/06/2015 European Drivers Challenge: getting the very best from MICHELIN agricultural tires
Our latest press releases
- 2015/06/29 A royal performance from the MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV tire in England
- 2015/06/25 The development of MICHELIN’s mountain bike tires
- 2015/06/19 Michelin has been chosen by the agricultural machinery manufacturer, New Holland, to equip its tractors, combine harvesters and grape harvesters
- 2015/06/18 2015 WEC - Michelin claims 24th Le Mans 24 Hours victory
- 2015/06/15 At the Paris Air Show (15-21 June 2015), Michelin presents its new range of Michelin Air X tires
- 2015/06/15 Michelin earthmover - Michelin launches the MEMS Evolution3