Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 25/11/2014 Michelin signs a new partnership agreement for technical soles
- 25/11/2014 MICHELIN Earthmover at BAUMA 2014
- 24/11/2014 Michelin innovation puts safety first
- 24/11/2014 Designing the car of tomorrow
- 19/11/2014 Malaysia Teaser - 2014 FIA Formula E - Michelin
- 17/11/2014 Michelin Challenge Bibendum meets Design
- 14/11/2014 8 staff reporters at Michelin Challenge Bibendum
- 14/11/2014 "One of the few think tanks where one can develop a shared vision for the mobility of tomorrow"
- 12/11/2014 Michelin Challenge Bibendum: publication of a Green Paper on sustainable mobility
- 07/11/2014 Michelin Challenge Bibendum: a “think and action tank”
- 07/11/2014 1914-1918: A time to remember for Michelin
- 27/10/2014 "Driving Experience": focus on performance
Our latest press releases
- 2014/11/26 Record number of starred restaurants in the 2015 MICHELIN guide Switzerland
- 2014/11/24 The 2015 MICHELIN Guide Belgium & Luxembourg: Back to Basics
- 2014/11/24 2014 Formula E - The MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV tire takes Malaysian cauldron in its stride
- 2014/11/21 Michelin unveiled the 2015 selection of the MICHELIN guide Spain & Portugal, which this year includes 3,158 addresses, of which 1,660 hotels and 1,4...
- 2014/11/21 Three new restaurants awarded two stars in the 2015 MICHELIN guide Netherlands
- 2014/11/20 Michelin opens world’s first manufacturing plant to build revolutionary airless radial tire