Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 20/03/2015 Michelin advocates responsible management of all resources
- 19/03/2015 The MICHELIN CrossClimate tire: what better illustration of MICHELIN Total Performance?
- 19/03/2015 MICHELIN premium tires on show at Geneva International Motor Show
- 19/03/2015 Drive connected thanks to MICHELIN technology and Ford
- 02/03/2015 The new MICHELIN CrossClimate tire - a turning point in history
- 27/02/2015 Formula E – looking back from the halfway mark
- 26/02/2015 Michelin at the SIMA, innovations to meet all challenges
- 20/02/2015 Ground-breaking inventions for sustainable agriculture
- 20/02/2015 Michelin, a longstanding partner for responsible agriculture
- 12/02/2015 Everyone’s a winner with MICHELIN high-performance motorcycle tires
- 09/02/2015 12 Hours of Bathurst : Photo report
- 05/02/2015 Dakar 2015: Peugeot vehicles sport MICHELIN D15 tires
Our latest press releases
- 2015/03/27 Amendment to a partial share buyback management agreement
- 2015/03/25 Mountain biking – 2015 Michelin seals partnership deals in three major MTB categories
- 2015/03/24 Michelin extends its MICHELIN PRO4 Endurance range with the addition of a new 28mm version
- 2015/03/24 The first edition of the Michelin Guide Rio de Janeiro & São Paolo reveals the true potential of Brazilian gastronomy
- 2015/03/16 Formula E 2014/2015: Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires unfazed by the streets of Miami
- 2015/03/10 MICHELIN EARNS “SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR” AND “INNOVATION OF THE YEAR” AWARDS FROM DEERE & COMPANY