Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 27/10/2014 "Driving Experience": focus on performance
- 27/10/2014 MICHELIN Ultraflex Technologies: tires built for performance
- 27/10/2014 Michelin Lifestyle Limited at the Paris Motor Show: taking performance beyond tires
- 24/10/2014 New York Michelin Guide 2015: a record number of stars
- 20/10/2014 Tires, Innovation and the Paris Motor Show
- 16/10/2014 Michelin breaks new ground with Formula E
- 16/10/2014 Innovation creates value
- 16/10/2014 "The tire is the only point of contact between the car and the road"
- 14/10/2014 Learn all about Michelin at the Paris Motor Show
- 14/10/2014 Backstage at the Paris Motor Show - built of the booth
- 14/10/2014 Paris Motor Show 2014: Michelin booth tour with Claire Dorland-Clauzel
- 13/10/2014 First race, first win for the MICHELIN Pilot Sport H4/S4 tire
Our latest press releases
- 2014/10/30 The 2015 MICHELIN guide Hong Kong & Macau reveals the growing attractiveness of the city, a global cultural and gourmet dining crossroads
- 2014/10/30 Michelin introduces a new phase in the development of the MICHELIN Exelagri label to mark its 10th anniversary
- 2014/10/27 2014 WRC - Spain - Sébastien OGIER secures Michelin’s 22nd Drivers’ world championship crown, following a demanding rally that was perfectly ma...
- 2014/10/27 2014 WRC - Spain - The MICHELIN LTX Force H4/S4 tires, MICHELIN Pilot Sport H4/S4 tires and MICHELIN Pilot Sport FW tires Michelin’s suite of WRC...
- 2014/10/23 Michelin Scores Industry Best in Innovation Management and Five Other Sustainable Development Categories
- 2014/10/23 TWO NEW THREE-STAR RESTAURANTS AWARDED IN THE MICHELIN GUIDE SAN FRANCISCO 2015