Michelin has 112,300 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 178 million tires in 68 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2014.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 25/11/2015 Follow @Michelin on Twitter
- 24/11/2015 Michelin: 135 years of competition, daily benefits
- 20/11/2015 Road safety: Children first!
- 18/11/2015 Yellowstone: Michelin Corporate Foundation build a new path
- 16/11/2015 Agritechnica 2015: Tomorrow’s agriculture connected by Michelin
- 03/11/2015 Michelin takes up fresh challenges at the Beijing ePrix
- 06/10/2015 Play with Michelin during expo Milano 2015 and learn how to better feed the planet
- 02/10/2015 MICHELIN LTX FORCE, the best on - and off – road solution
- 16/09/2015 Digiparade: an innovative digital campaign illustrating “MICHELIN Total Performance”
- 16/09/2015 Growth fuelled by innovation
- 16/09/2015 An exceptional training to support the sales force
- 16/09/2015 Michelin’s ten year involvement in the ecological transition
Our latest press releases
- 2015/12/01 Kohaku obtains three stars in the MICHELIN Guide Tokyo 2016
- 2015/12/01 COP21 in 3 guides and a unique pamphlet
- 2015/11/30 Two ranges for maxi scooters : The MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 Scooter and the MICHELIN Pilot Power 3 Scooter
- 2015/11/27 Coque and Zaranda obtain two stars in the MICHELIN guide Spain & Portugal 2016
- 2015/11/23 2015 WEC - Porsche and Michelin clinch the season’s FIA WEC Drivers’ crown and LM GTE Cups in Bahrain to add to their 2015 Manufacturers’ title
- 2015/11/20 Michelin at the Solutrans show - The new MICHELIN X® LINE™ ENERGY™ tires approved by MERCEDES-BENZ