Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 19/12/2014 MICHELIN Guides 2015
- 19/12/2014 michelin.com, a story that continues to be written
- 18/12/2014 Sébastien Loeb Returns to the Monte-Carlo Rally
- 18/12/2014 A mobile-friendly version of michelin.com
- 04/12/2014 Get set to discover L'Aventure Michelin!
- 02/12/2014 Michelin has chosen to manufacture its revolutionary airless tire - the MICHELIN X TWEEL - in the US
- 25/11/2014 Michelin signs a new partnership agreement for technical soles
- 25/11/2014 MICHELIN Earthmover at BAUMA 2014
- 24/11/2014 Michelin innovation puts safety first
- 24/11/2014 Designing the car of tomorrow
- 19/11/2014 Malaysia Teaser - 2014 FIA Formula E - Michelin
- 17/11/2014 Michelin Challenge Bibendum meets Design
Our latest press releases
- 2014/12/16 2014 Formula-E: The MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV storms tires through the sand at Punta del Este
- 2014/12/04 MICHELIN publishes a new collection of attractive books devoted to getaways
- 2014/12/02 The MICHELIN guide Tokyo 2015
- 2014/12/01 Michelin launches a free mobile application to calculate agricultural tire pressure in real conditions of use
- 2014/11/28 JIHUA & MICHELIN - A partnership to design a new generation of shoe soles
- 2014/11/26 Record number of starred restaurants in the 2015 MICHELIN guide Switzerland