Michelin has 111,200 employees worldwide of 120 different nationalities and produces over 171 million tires in 67 sites in 17 countries.
Datas at December, 31st, 2013.
A worldwide economic player
Michelin contributes to social and economic activity in 170 countries.
Did you know?
Early global presence
Michelin was looking for new markets as early as the beginning of the 20th century. The 1900 Guide already mentions two agents in Belgium and Austria. Michelin then went on to create a network of commercial agencies in Italy (1901), Germany (1902), Switzerland (1902), Spain (1904), New York (1904) and England (1905). The first plant outside France was built in Turin, Italy in 1906, next to the Fiat factory. The visionary Michelin brothers then chose the United States for their second plant abroad, built in Milltown (New Jersey) in 1907.
Our latest news
- 02/03/2015 The new MICHELIN CrossClimate tire - a turning point in history
- 27/02/2015 Formula E – looking back from the halfway mark
- 26/02/2015 Michelin at the SIMA, innovations to meet all challenges
- 20/02/2015 Ground-breaking inventions for sustainable agriculture
- 20/02/2015 Michelin, a longstanding partner for responsible agriculture
- 12/02/2015 Everyone’s a winner with MICHELIN high-performance motorcycle tires
- 09/02/2015 12 Hours of Bathurst : Photo report
- 05/02/2015 Dakar 2015: Peugeot vehicles sport MICHELIN D15 tires
- 05/02/2015 WRC rallies - where the tire is king
- 21/01/2015 Mobile apps to make your life easier
- 14/01/2015 MICHELIN Motorsport: an outstanding line-up in 2014
- 22/12/2014 MICHELIN NZG Technology for the New Airbus A350
Our latest press releases
- 2015/03/06 Heavy trucks - New MICHELIN X WORKS Damage Guarantee
- 2015/03/03 PUBLICATION OF THE 2014 REGISTRATION DOCUMENT
- 2015/03/02 MICHELIN CrossClimate confronting changing weather conditions
- 2015/02/27 Michelin completes first day of testing with factory MotoGP riders
- 2015/02/26 Two new cities and two new two-star restaurants in the Michelin Nordic Cities guide 2015!
- 2015/02/25 Donation to the La Salle Beauvais Polytechnic Institute by The Michelin Corporate Foundation