More than 38,000 jobs have already been created, since Michelin Development's inception
Nearly 2,000 local jobs are created each year
25,000 jobs Since it was formed in 1990, Michelin Development has helped to create more than 25,000 jobs (France)
Michelin Development is a unique body that supports local businesses with technical know-how and advice in France, the U.S., Canada, Italy, Spain and Portugal, covering sectors as diverse as:
- Industrial organization
- Workplace health and safety
- Energy efficiency
- Quality control
- Marketing and sales
- Finance, recruitment
- International development
This can take the form of funding with subsidies and five-year, low-interest, collateral-free loans, designed to create leverage with individual or institutional investors, thereby kick-starting a dynamic process of local job creation.
- In Spain, Michelin Development has committed more than €7 million since 2004, helping create more than 4,000 jobs in 630 companies based around the Group’s four plants there.
- In Italy, Michelin Development has helped create more than 2,400 jobs since 2005.
- In the United Kingdom, Michelin Development has helped create nearly 2,900 jobs since 2002.
- In North America, Michelin Development has made investments of more than $14.6 million since 2006, resulting in the creation of about 2,020 jobs.