Michelin invests in innovation with a focus on three key areas:
- Accelerating development of new ranges for the MICHELIN brand and other Group brands.
- Continual progress on improving tire performance and services for each new generation of tires.
- Disruptive innovations for truly original solutions.
R&D facts and figures
- €687 million in the R&D budget (2019)
- 6,000 R&D employees
- 350 domains of expertise
- 247 patents filed in 2019
- 10,000 active patents worldwide
- 700 qualified measurement methods, from nm to km
- 400 simulation applications for total performance control
- 40,000 on-vehicle tests every year
- Close to 2 million kilometers of endurance testing on vehicles. That’s one lap around the world every 12 minutes.