Michelin at the 2014 Paris Motor Show
At the Paris Motor Show, Michelin is unveiling not only three new tires and a unique technology but also – and especially – an innovative initiative in research and development: the creation of a real-life laboratory for different kinds of road use.
- Michelin is explaining the fundamentals of its MICHELIN Total Performance strategy at its stand at the Paris Motor Show. This strategy consists of delivering more performance in a single tire. The challenge is considerable, as it frees motorists from having to make impossible choices.
- Michelin is officially creating one of the largest road-use laboratories. Deployed across Europe, it will make it possible to gather data in real time about how 2,800 motorists with different driving habits use their vehicles every day. The findings will be added to the knowledge already stored at the Michelin Technology Center with the goal of supporting the innovation process.
- Michelin is presenting for the first time three new tires to the general public: the MICHELIN Alpin 5, the latest-generation winter tire; the MICHELIN Latitude Sport 3, a high-performance tires for SUVs; and the highly energy efficient, unusually sized MICHELIN Tall & Narrow tire. All three reflect the MICHELIN Total Performance design philosophy.
- Michelin is demonstrating MICHELIN EverGrip™ technology for the first time in Europe. Unveiled initially in the United States last January, it will be adapted in the years ahead to the needs of different markets to equip passenger cars. This technology will deliver unique performance in that a worn tire will continue to provide excellent wet grip throughout its entire life.
- Michelin is offering a quick look at the history of the automobile through the different tire innovations that have shaped the industry, as part of an adventure that is constantly on the move. In a new chapter, the first Formula-e race held last month in China kicked off the new FIA championship for electric sports cars, all of which are fitted exclusively with unique, highly innovative MICHELIN tires.