Michelin takes up fresh challenges at the Beijing ePrix
The FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) renewed its trust in Michelin as the exclusive tire provider of the Formula E Championship until 2018-2019. It’s a perfect opportunity for the Group to take up fresh challenges.
On October 24, the Beijing ePrix was a life-size test for the MICHELIN Pilot Sport, specifically developed for the electric single-seater racing competition.
Since customized and more powerful cars are now allowed, the MICHELIN tire had to adapt to these new constraints on the longer and faster track of Beijing.
The MICHELIN tire stood out during the first season of the Championship thanks to its unique grip on both dry and wet tracks.
This partnership with the one of the world’s innovative races in terms of sustainable mobility embodies Michelin’s commitment to offer ever more energy-saving and efficient tires.
Don’t miss out on the FIA E races:
- November 7, 2015: Putrajaya (Malaysia)
- December 19, 2015: Punta del Este (Uruguay)
- February 6, 2016: Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- March 12, 2016: TBC
- April 2, 2016: Long Beach (USA)
- April 23, 2016: Paris (France)
- May 21, 2016: Berlin (Germany)
- June 4, 2016: Moscow (Russia)
- July 2-3: London (United Kingdom)