How did Michelin bring together 24,000 horses in just one paddock?
Very simply, this was the total horsepower of the 40 or so cars gathered in the Michelin Supercar Paddock at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014.
And there is one common point that brings together most of these supercars: their MICHELIN tires.
- Porsche 918 Spyder, equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and with a total output of 887 hp developed by the normal engine plus electric motors of 95 and 115 kW.
- Ferrari 458 Speciale, equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and with more than 600 hp.
- Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series, equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and an engine output of more than 600 hp.
- Koenigsegg Agera One: 1 equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, powered by a 1,340 hp engine.
- Noble M600 fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sport and with 650 hp.
- Arash AF8 equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and developing 560 hp.
- And many more...
And it was not just normal-powered cars being showcased at Goodwood as on the main Michelin stand there was also an electric-powered Formula E race car, fitted with 18inch Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres.