Governance of the innovation process
A new innovation governance system was set up in 2012 with the creation of the Corporate Innovation Board. Its mission is to define the innovation strategy, ensure innovation dynamism and make the related decisions (investments, research directions, etc.).
Chaired by Jean-Dominique Senard, the committee is made up of Product Line managers, the RDI manager, the Corporate Development manager and an external member, Professor Mashelkar.
The Board's roles
The Corporate Innovation Board has two roles:
- define the Group's innovation strategy from a cross-functional perspective
- direct the innovation ecosystem's vitality to optimize its strength throughout the Company
In so doing, Michelin opens up fresh opportunities to:
- expand its resources and methods
- focus its efforts on its research priorities
- seek customer and market feedback on projects as early as possible in order to speed up innovation and maintain alignment on requirementsstep up efforts in the materials field, since its integration feeds the Group's progress in technology and value creation.