Michelin is pleased to launch the MICHELIN Guide Hong Kong Macau 2019. With 2 new three star restaurants, 4 new two star restaurants and 6 new one star restaurants, the oldest Michelin selection in China displays the remarkable dynamism of the region.
Hong Kong and Macau are very special cities within the gastronomic world. They attract many tourists and business people from around the world, and as a result these cities have been blessed with gastronomic influences that oscillate between traditional Cantonese and Macau cuisine, combined with international flavours. The 2019 selection highlights this diversity particularly well, and the many star additions testify to the dynamism and talent that permeate the Hong Kong and Macau dining scene.
The 2019 selection includes 80 Bib Gourmand restaurants. These establishments, spotted by our inspectors during their gourmet wanderings in the streets of Hong Kong and Macau, offer three courses (drinks not included) for a maximum price of HK$400 (in Hong Kong) or MOP 400 (in Macau).
In Hong Kong
- 7 three-star restaurants (including 1 new)
- 12 two-star restaurants (including 3 new ones)
- 44 one-star restaurants (including 6 new ones)
- 71 Bib Gourmand restaurants (including 4 new ones)
- 3 three-star restaurants (including 1 new)
- 5 two-star restaurants (including 1 new)
- 11 one-star restaurants
- 9 Bib Gourmand restaurants