Since the 2000s, Michelin has been leading a continuous improvement process based primarily on an Environmental Management System and on performance improvement targets measured with a Group-wide indicator, the Michelin Environmental Footprint (MEF).
- Halve our sites' environmental impact, as measured by the MEF, notably by improving our energy efficiency by 38 percent in relation to 2005.
- Develop a responsible supply chain and reduce CO2 emissions by 10 percent.
- Assess the sustainable development performance of the Group's top 400 suppliers. Provide encouragement and support so that 70 percent of them are confirmed as compliant with Michelin standards.
Rate of progress
- 3 percent improvement in the MEF compared with 2005.
- CO2 emissions per tonne of tires sold outside the Group: The method used to monitor the indicator is being revised in order to make the published results more meaningful.
- In 2017, 547 suppliers underwent the EcoVadis evaluation process.