More than 114,000 people from 120 different nationalities work for Michelin today.
Their professionalism and commitment are instrumental in driving the performance and development of a Group whose employee relationships are rooted in dialog and mutual respect.
This is achieved by giving employees their say, ensuring they work in a safe environment, providing varied career opportunities and promoting diversity.
- Attain and maintain an employee engagement rate — measured by the annual “Moving Forward Together: Your Voice for Action” survey — of 85 percent.
- Further improve safety performance and achieve a groupwide Total Case Incident Rate of less than 2.
- Ensure that 75 percent of all management positions are held by employees who come from within the Company, reflecting our ever‑increasing diversity.
- Increase the percentage of women in all management positions to 30 percent.
- Increase the percentage of local top managers in growth regions to 80 percent.
Rate of progress
Employee engagement rate: 80 percent in 2017
Percentage of management positions held by employees promoted from within: 76 percent in 2017