A protocol issue by the global network of Michelin’s occupational health and safety experts
This Group-wide reference document offers strict guidelines that often go beyond the requirements issued by international and governmental health authorities, in order to ensure optimal protective measures for both Michelin staff and external partners, as well as suppliers visiting Michelin sites
Recommendations and best practices for getting back to work
It includes the first lessons learned from initiatives in Asia, enhanced with best internal practices and external benchmarks from companies, federations and health authorities.These guidelines, which have been published Group-wide, are currently being enforced at all sites and take into account the specific nature of each business sectors. For instance, they specify the equipment to be provided to employees and by the way, the modifications and processes to be implemented wherever activities resume, in compliance with local regulations and legislation. The current version of the protocol takes account of any temporary limitations on the availability of certain equipment. To facilitate enforcement, it includes 23 visual aids.
The protocol is the framework that must be applied everywhere we operate. It was drawn up to enable the Group to resume its activity safely and confidently wherever possible, at the appropriate pace for each situation. It reflects our desire to honour our commitments to our staff and customers alike.
10 Golden Rules for Collective Safety
- Don’t come to work if you are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with an infected person.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Clean and disinfect workstations and other equipment before using.
- Cough or sneeze into a single-use paper tissue.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep a distance of more than two metres from other people.
- Follow mask-wearing rules.
- Replace physical meetings with teleconferences insofar as possible.
- Frequently ventilate closed spaces.
- Help to ensure everyone’s safety and assist others in implementing the rules to prevent the virus from spreading.
For further information, download the complete protocol*
(*) The protocol may be updated as scientific knowledge about the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the pandemic evolve.