An efficient, structured organization

The employee shareholder relations organization is built on a network of correspondents per country, appointed in the Personnel Department in every country.
The correspondents ensure compliance with local legislation and oversees relations with local employee shareholders, including account management and communication.

Employee shareholders who would like more information about their investment are encouraged to contact their correspondent or local Personnel Department.

The Letter to Shareholders is published in 12 languages so that every employee shareholder can take in the latest corporate news in his or her own language. Many country organizations also post comprehensive employee shareholder information on their intranets.

Special information for expatriates

Assignment to another country has no impact on your portfolio. However, you should inform Isabelle Maizaud – Share Services Team ( of your new posting as soon as possible. In this way, you will be sure to :

  • Receive all the documents or information to which you are entitled as a shareholder, including account statements, the French IFU reportable tax form (if applicable), the notice of annual meeting and the Letter to Shareholders.
  • Receive your dividend.
  • Benefit from the appropriate tax treatment, depending on your country of residence.

If you change your address or bank account

You are an employee shareholder.


You should send the updated information to Société Générale, the bank that administers these shares.


The easiest, fastest and most secure way to do this is online, in the “Personal Information” section of


You can also update your details by:
Fax to +33 (0)251 856 215
Phone on +33 (0)251 856 789
Postal mail to:
SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE Securities Services SGSS/GIS/BOC/STP 32, rue du Champ de Tir
BP 81236 - 44312 NANTES Cedex 3


Direct access

Questions / answers for all employee shareholders, other than those domiciled in the United Kingdom, the United States of America and Canada

“How can I connect to Société Générale’s Nominet website if I’ve lost my log-in and password?”

On the site, click the “I have lost my identification numbers” link. Fill in your name and mailing address and within a week you should receive a new log-in and password from the bank.


“The five-year lock-up on my shares has been lifted and I’d like to sell them. How do I do that?”

We recommend you sell them online by logging onto with your log-in and password. Enter the number of shares you wish to sell and click OK. You can also fill in the downloadable sell order from the “Employee Shareholder” pages of the Michelin France intranet and send it back signed to Société Générale by fax or postal mail.


“What if I want to sell my shares before the five-year lock-up ends?”

Conditions for early sale vary by country. We highly recommend that employee shareholders living outside France contact their BIB’Action correspondent. For French residents, cases for lifting the five-year ban may be found in the summary table in the “Employee Shareholder” pages of the Michelin France intranet.


“I’m going to retire soon. Do I have to sell my shares?”

No, you do not have to sell your shares. You can keep them as long as you like. However, if you wish to sell the shares acquired on December 16, 2013 under the 2013 plan before their lock-up ends on December 17, 2018, and you live in France, you must send Société Générale a “certificat de travail,” or a statement from the Michelin Personnel Department certifying the date of termination of your work contract, or else an “attestation d’admission à la retraite” showing the date of termination prior to retirement. If you live in another country, please contact your local BIB’Action correspondent.

Download documents

Recevez nos informations par email