3 ranges of MICHELIN tires certified worldwide for the newgeneration Porsche Panamera
Thanks to the joint efforts of Michelin teams and Porsche engineers, the full range of the Porsche Panamera will be equipped with MICHELIN tires when it is launched in July 2013 – in all regions and for all driving conditions.
To accomplish this, Michelin worked tirelessly to have three tire ranges certified – Summer, Winter and All Season – in a total of 12 sizes.
Certification: facts and figures
1 tire manufacturer certified worldwide
12 sizes certified for all driving conditions (Summer, Winter and All Season)
3 tire ranges all featuring the Porsche N marking (N0 or N1)
Global tire coverage for a global car
40% market share for the French tire maker
A 2-and-one-half-year co-development project conducted jointly by Michelin teams and Porsche
The MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport is the Summer tire certified for two different rim diameters.
The MICHELIN Pilot Alpin 4 is the Winter tire certified for 19- and 20-inch rims.
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season Plus is the tire certified, particularly for the North American
market, in two rim diameters: 19- and 20-inches.
A certification process in line with the MICHELIN Total Performance strategy
MICHELIN Total Performance is the name given to Michelin’s strategy of developing tires for each market segment that simultaneously deliver enhanced performance in several areas. The strategy is focused on designing and manufacturing tires that combine safety in all driving conditions (on dry and wet pavement, on straights as well as curves), improved fuel efficiency and longer total mileage, whose impact on the total cost of owning a car makes it a key consumer concern. Michelin Total Performance involves a comprehensive strategic vision that applies to every kind of tire. For each specific carmaker certification program, Michelin always strives to deliver the best across-the-board
3 very high-performance tire ranges with special features for each region and type of use
MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport: 4 sizes of ultra-high-performance summer tires certified
The very high-tech MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport was created through the unique combination of three components: the aramid fiber belt, the Bi-Compound tread band and the Variable Contact Patch 2.0.
- Characterized by its superior traction resistance and low weight, the aramid fiber belt helps to more effectively overcome centrifugal force and to distribute pressure more evenly, thereby helping to control the shape of the tire casing, regardless of speed.
- Developed for racing tires, Bi-Compound technology uses different rubber compounds on the left and right sides of the tread. On the outside, an elastomer ensures exceptional endurance in tight cornering, while on the inside, a different elastomer combines with a special tread design to enable the tire, on wet pavement, to break through the water’s surface and provide better grip.
- Lastly, the Variable Contact Patch 2.0 enables complete control of the vehicle by maintaining the same amount of rubber on the road, even when cornering tightly, even as the patch’s shape changes.
Front 255/45 ZR 19 (100Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
255/40 ZR 20 (101Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
Rear 285/40 ZR 19 (103Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
295/35 ZR 20 (105Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
MICHELIN Pilot Alpin 4
The MICHELIN Pilot Alpin 4 integrates a new Winter tire design called Ridge-n-Flex, which involves the optimal combination of two features.
- The first is a reworked tread with a deeply grooved design thatoffers outstanding grip on winter roads and intersecting StabiliGrip self-locking sipes that ensure optimal tread block rigidity, for more precise steering.
- The second is the HelioCompound 3G soft rubber compound, which retains its elasticity even at low temperatures, thereby ensuring more effective grip on ice and snow, as well as on cold wet roads. This third-generation compound is a new formula combining silica and sunflower oil.
Front 255/45 R 19 100V PILOT ALPIN PA4 N1
255/40 R 20 101V XL PILOT ALPIN PA4 N0
Rear 285/40 R 19 103V PILOT ALPIN PA4 N1
285/35 R 20 104V XL PILOT ALPIN PA4 N0
MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season Plus
Developed for the North American market, the MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season Plus stands out for its consistent high-level performance in all weather conditions. That’s because the tire’s design and the TriFusion™ composition of its tread offer excellent road holding on wet and dry surfaces, even in winter driving conditions. The MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season Plus also innovates through its design using MaxTouch Construction™ technology, which guarantees significant total mileage without sacrificing performance in other areas.
Front 255/45 R 19 100V PILOT SPORT AS+ N1
255/40 R 20 101V XL PILOT SPORT AS+ N0
Rear 285/40 R 19 103V PILOT SPORT AS+ N1
295/35 R 20 105V XL PILOT SPORT AS+ N0