MICHELIN TOTAL PERFORMANCE: the DNA of our innovation
Safety, longevity, fuel saving, comfort, driving pleasure... The Michelin Group’s promise, with its MICHELIN Total Performance strategy, is committed to ensuring that our customers will never have to choose between any one of these seemingly contradictory performances.
Passionately committed to meeting the challenges
The tire plays several very important functions: carry the load of the vehicle, transmit its movements and guide the vehicle. Through its MICHELIN Total Performance strategy, the Group strives to constantly and consistently improve all these performances without ever settling for just one of them.
Michelin rises to the challenge of bringing performances all together in every one of our tires, thanks to our excellent understanding of our customers' needs and uses, our capacity for innovation and our deployment of leading technology.
Michelin's commitment to its customers, professionals and institutions is reflected in:
- In-depth understanding of drivers' expectations, manufacturers' demands and European regulations.
- Expertise in accidentology, developed in partnership with leading institutions in the field.
- Powerful resources for analyzing the life cycle of tires and the various demands made on them, in order to continuously improve their performance
- The ability to constantly push back the boundaries of research and development with a very broad array of capabilities (over 350 fields of expertise), significant investments and an international research center.
MICHELIN Total Performance Award
Created in 2013, the MICHELIN Total Performance Award will be presented to the first competitor in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race to meet the following five criteria:
- The race's distance record (i.e. clock up 5,400 km)
- The best lap time
- Use fewer than 10 sets of tires
- Reduce fuel consumption (i.e. use 15% less fuel than the 2013 edition)
If the award is won, a €1 million grant will be allocated to funding research projects on sustainable mobility at an independent academic establishment.
Did you know?
MICHELIN Premier® A/S, the tire that stays safe, even when it's worn!
This tire represents a significant breakthrough in road safety. Thanks to its EverGripTM technology, Michelin has been able to offer superior performance throughout the tire lifespan. Equipped with a self-regenerating tread and innovative rubber compounds, this tire delivers superior wet grip, mile after mile.