Tires, Products and Travel services
- United Arabians Emirates
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Ivory Coast
- Saoudian Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
The Group is managed by Jean-Dominique Senard, Managing Chairman. He is assisted by the Executive Committee, comprised of eleven executives responsible for Product Lines, Corporate Services, Performance Divisions and growth regions.
Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Managing Chairman is responsible for administering and managing the Company.
In this capacity, he is in charge of:
- Defining and implementing the Group’s strategy
- Leading the Group’s business
- Establishing internal control and risk management procedures and overseeing their implementation
- Approving the financial statements of the Company and the Group
- Defining financial information policies
- Drawing up the various reports to shareholders
He fulfils these responsibilities under the oversight of the Supervisory Board.
The Managing Chairman has unlimited personal liability for Michelin’s debt. This offers shareholders a rarely found level of assurance that the Group is run in their interests, particularly during times of volatile markets or economic crisis. It also means that the Managing Chairman may not relinquish his status as General Partner before the end of his four-year term without the prior approval of an Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting, obliging him to assume the full consequences of his management decisions.
- Jean-Dominique Senard is a graduate of France’s HEC business school. He also holds a Master’s Degree in Law.
- He began his career in various financial and operational positions with Total, from September 1979 to September 1987, then with Saint Gobain, from 1987 to 1996. From September 1996 to March 2001, he was Chief Financial Officer of Pechiney and a member of its Group Executive Council. He was also head of Pechiney’s Primary Metal sector until 2004. As a member of Alcan’s Executive Committee, he was in charge of integrating Pechiney and served as Chairman of Pechiney SA.
- Jean-Dominique Senard joined Michelin in March 2005 as Chief Financial Officer and a member of the Michelin Group Executive Council.
- In May 2007, he was appointed Non-General Managing Chairman of the Michelin Group.
- During the Group’s 2011 Annual Meeting of Shareholders on May 13, 2011, Jean-Dominique Senard was appointed Managing Chairman of the Michelin Group alongside Michel Rollier, Chairman.
- On May 11, 2012, he became the Group’s sole Managing Chairman following Michel Rollier’s departure.
- Jean-Dominique Senard was born on March 7, 1953. He is married and has three children.
Director of Geographic Zones.
Eric de CROMIERES
Director of Commercial Performance.
Supervises the distribution networks (Euromaster and TCi), Michelin solutions and the Supply Chain and Logistics Performance Department.
Claire DORLAND CLAUZEL
Director of Communication and Brands.
Supervises the Public Affairs Group Departement, Michelin Travel Partner and Michelin Lifestyle Limited.
Director of Research and Development.
Director of the Materials Product Line.
Supervises the Purchasing Group Department.
Director of Personnel.
Supervises the Quality Group Department and the Security Group Department.
Chief Financial Officer.
Director of the Truck Product Line.
Director of the Passenger Car and Light Truck Product Line.
Supervises Motorsport and operations led by Jean-Christophe GUERIN.
Director of Corporate Development.
Supervises the Information Systems Group Department and the Standards and Regulations Group Department.
Director of Specialty Product Lines: Agricultural, Two-Wheel, Earthmover, Aircraft.
Supervises the Prevention and Industrial Performance Department and operations led by Serge LAFON.